About Me

The Pas, Manitoba, Canada

Teacher Adviser Groups

Sunday, June 15, 2008

del.icio.us

This is a terrific tool. It was easy to set up and I will no longer be using "My Favorites" as a way to track my web sites. I have many sites affiliated with Egyptian, Viking, Roman, Greek, Middle Ages, Renaissance, and Reformation history when I used to teach Grade 8 Social Studies. Frequently I would research at home and at work and more than once after I had found a relevant and interesting web page I lost it because I made it a favorite on another computer. This would be very beneficial for my school where there is a lot of team teaching. Teachers could build their own web site catalogue to share with other members of the team. I have already started tagging sites for administrators.

2 comments:

Glen said...

Saving common links for a Grade 8 Social Studies class would be an excellent use of Delicious. (I bet the kids would really get into it)

It is so easy to share links in a network and interconnect Delicious with other applications. For example, you can have Delicious generate a RSS feed from a shared account so that anytime anybody added a link to your shared Delicious account, Delicious would send a notification to your Google Reader.

Mr.Nagle said...

Delicious was great for bookmarking sites when researching for my paper. I think this application would be really helpful for students when they're researching topics.

Using a web cam